Thursday, Jun 27, 2019
HomeNewsMurder case conviction quashed

Murder case conviction quashed

The Court of Appeal yesterday quashed the conviction of a man who was sentenced to death for the murders of two men in Andros.

Appeal Court Justices Sir George Newman, Christopher Blackman and Abdulai Conteh agreed there was not enough evidence to support the conviction of Frank Pinder for the murders of Glenwood Neely Jr. and Mitchell Smith Jr. in October 2006.

Both men were missing for almost two weeks before their bodies were found in an advanced state of decomposition in bushes in The Bluff, South Andros. They had been shot in the head at close range. The prosecution contended that the deceased were seen going to bushes with Pinder and two other men.

During the appeal trial, attorney Murrio Ducille said that trial judge Anita Allen, who is now president of the Court of Appeal, should have stopped the case following no-case submissions by attorney Ian Cargill.

At trial Cargill told the jury that there were too many holes in the prosecution’s case.

Pinder has a pending gun possession case before Deputy Chief Magistrate Carolita Bethell. He was arrested on the gun charge while the murder case was still pending. She denied him bail because of the murder charge.

FOLLOW US ON:
A makeup artist spea
Eating disorders are