Minister of Agriculture and Marine Resources Michael Pintard said he hopes to have a request for proposal (RFP) for the redevelopment of Potter’s Cay dock complete before the end of the year.
“I want the RFP to be prepared prior to the end of the year so that’s the track that we’re on right now,” Pintard told Guardian Business yesterday.
While he could not give a cost estimate for the project, Pintard said the scope of works would include the expansion of the boardwalk currently being built along the northern shore of the city center.
“One of the considerations, it’s not yet definitive, is having a boardwalk attached to sections of Potter’s Cay,” he said.
“We have been continuing the discussion with stakeholders. So, we’ve had a meeting since we’ve spoke last where we met with the vendors and had a very good meeting with both associations that are functioning in that space. We’ve had discussions with the persons who are working on the Bay Street revitalization, with a view of extending the boardwalk to Potter’s Cay.”
Pintard said government is also seeking to remedy the possible loss of significant amounts of revenue from not having a proper dock at Potter’s Cay.
“I’ve had preliminary discussions with the deputy prime minister because finance is going to be a pivotal part of this going forth to make sure that we collect revenue that we may have missed from Family Islands because persons may have been evading that particular check point,” he said.
The minister could not share a cost estimate for the scope of works.
Last month, government issued an RFP for the redesign and redevelopment of Prince George Wharf.
The deadline for submissions for that RFP is December 7. Government hopes to have that project start by early 2019.
Paige started working as a business reporter in August 2016.
Education: Palm Beach Atlantic University in 2006 with a BA in Radio and Television News