Gas leak causes disruption at NIB
Asmall gas leak caused a disruption in service at the National Insurance Board’s (NIB) Baillou Hill Road headquarters yesterday.
National Insurance Board Director Dr. Nicola Virgill-Rolle explained that around 10 a.m. customers and employees reported gas odors.
“…We do have a cafeteria on-premise, and, so, we took every precaution to ensure the safety of our staff and customers,” said Virgill-Rolle.
“We had the building evacuated and called in the fire brigade, also the police and also the company who supplies us our gas.”
“It was contained to our cafeteria and there is no evidence of any wider leakage, so we felt comfortable and they (the fire department) felt comfortable allowing us, within an hour, to go back into the building.”
The director said that the building remained closed until 1:30 p.m.
Education: Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) 3rd Year