Monday, Jun 24, 2019
HomeHomeAnother boy abducted

Another boy abducted

A three-week break in a recent string of abductions on New Providence ended this weekend after another young boy was taken in front of his home and dropped off at the city dump, according to police.

Police said shortly before 9 p.m. on Friday, two boys aged eight and 10 were standing in front of their home on Collins Close off Lumumba Lane.

Police reported that a woman driving a silver vehicle stopped and spoke to the boys.

The 10-year-old walked away, according to police, but the woman lured the eight-year-old into her vehicle and then drove away.

Police said a short time later, the eight-year-old was dropped off on Tonique Williams-Darling Highway near the entrance of the city dump, unharmed.

This most recent occurrence makes the seventh alleged abduction in five separate incidents since mid-February.

Police believe that four of the matters are connected.

Police yesterday said they are seeking a person of interest, said to be the same unnamed suspect who they previously released an artist’s rendering of in an all-points bulletin.

“We have a strong belief that four of those incidents are connected and that’s based on several things,” Chief Superintendent Solomon Cash told The Guardian yesterday evening.

“We are interviewing witnesses who are giving us similar descriptions of a vehicle that we are still in search of and also, we have witnesses who are giving us similar descriptions and characteristics of the possible suspect. It is a female. If you were to look at all of the composite sketches that we released previously, I can safely say that the third sketch that we have out to release now is similar to those two that we had released previously.”

“What I would also add is, with the recent incident, we are following some leads.

“Again, it’s a bit early to be definitive in saying that that is the person that we suspected but that individual is a person of interest and we will soon be bringing that individual into custody to speak with.”

March 7

On March 7, three young boys, 10-year-old John Laurent, five-year-old Jameson Joisue and a friend, eight-year-old J’dakito Sejour, were reportedly abducted.

Police said two children, later identified as Laurent and Sejour, were walking in Kool Acres when they were picked up by a woman who was the lone occupant of a dark-colored vehicle.

A short time later, police said, Laurent was dropped back in Kool Acres and Sejour was dropped off near the entrance of the city dump on Tonique Williams-Darling Highway.

Police reported that neither of the boys had signs of physical injuries.

Family members claimed that Joisue was also taken in the incident and dropped back in Kool Acres.

Earlier that day, police reported that eight-year-old Tyvon Deveaux was taken from a park near his home on Emmanuel Drive, off Soldier Road, and was later dropped off unharmed near the entrance of the city dump.

Police said that shortly before 7 p.m., the child was taken by a woman who was the only occupant of a gray vehicle.

March 3

The previous Sunday, March 3, police said an eight-year-old girl was taken from her home off Wilton Street and later dropped off at the entrance of Woodlawn Gardens graveyard.

According to reports, a man entered the home and took the little girl. Police did not say how the abductor got into the home.

Police said less than an hour later, a passerby discovered the child walking in the area of Woodlawn Gardens, off Soldier Road, and took her to the Wulff Road Police Station.

February 16

On February 16, three-year-old Shavar Bain was abducted by two women in a silver car while he was riding his bicycle outside his South Beach home.

Police said he was dropped off at a wash house on Joe Farrington Road and Fox Hill Road the following morning.

Following the incident on March 7, Cash said, “We suspect that three of these matters may be connected”.

He said police are concerned by the abductions because they are unable to determine a motive.

Police said they are following some leads in the matter, but did not elaborate.

Laurent Rolle

Staff Reporter at The Nassau Guardian
Laurent started at The Nassau Guardian in May 2018 as a paginator. He transitioned to reporting in February 2019. Laurent has covered multiple crime stories. He is the author of “Yello”, which was published in February 2019.
Education: Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) 3rd Year

Latest posts by Laurent Rolle (see all)

FOLLOW US ON:
Drug bust on Bimini
Man shot on Grand Ba