U.S. Embassy to remain open
Last week, following The Bahamas’ first confirmed cases of COVID-19, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that the embassy had canceled all non-emergency visa appointments until further notice.
It said the move was a preventive measure to help control the spread of the virus.
“If members of the traveling public have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, they should follow the guidance provided at Ais.usvisa-info.com, by phone at +1-242-603-1290 or +1-703-831-3448, or via email to VisaNassau@state.gov to request an emergency appointment,” the ministry in said.
Today, an embassy said, “We continue to work around the clock to keep U.S. citizens and Bahamians informed as to what is going on. We’re working closely to combat the spread of COVID-19 in The Bahamas.”
Education: Goldsmith, University of London, MA in Race, Media and Social Justice
Latest posts by Jasper Ward (see all)
- COVID-19 death suspected - April 1, 2020
- Order suspends some insurance payment obligations and certain obligations to govt - March 31, 2020
- Sands: Woman who died had symptoms consistent with COVID-19 - March 31, 2020