The Ministry of Health confirmed 61 new COVID-19 cases yesterday.
It said 49 of the cases were reported on New Providence, three on Grand Bahama, one on Exuma, one on Bimini, one on Andros and one on Abaco.
The locations for five of the cases are still pending, according to the ministry.
There are 2,337 confirmed cases in The Bahamas; 1,420 of which are active.
The ministry said a 58-year-old woman, who lived on New Providence, died from COVID-19 on August 26.
Her death brought the death toll to 47.
Fourteen additional deaths are still under investigation, according to the ministry.
There were seven non-COVID deaths since March, it said.
Forty-eight recoveries were also reported yesterday.
So far, 849 people have recovered from the virus in The Bahamas.