A prosecutor on Thursday asked a judge to consider holding one trial for suspected child abductor De’Edra Gibson.
Gibson, 30, is accused of snatching four boys—a three-year-old and three eight-year-olds—and then leaving them on the street between February 16 and March 29, 2019.
Abigail Farrington told Justice Bernard Turner that she intended to make an application for the cases to be tried together.
Gibson is now represented by Uel Johnson, who said he had been recently retained.
In response to a question from the judge, Johnson said that he was considering raising the issue of Gibson’s mental state at the time of the alleged offenses and whether she was fit to stand trial.
Johnson said that he had written letters to officials at the Bahamas Department of Corrections and Sandilands Rehabilitation Centre but had yet to receive responses.
Gibson was remanded to the prison last December after she allegedly attempted to snatch a young boy while on bail.
Gibson returns to court on February 25. The issue of her mental competency will be raised before her trial that is scheduled for July 20.