The blood bank at Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH) closed yesterday after an employee tested positive for COVID-19, The Nassau Guardian can confirm.
The facility was closed for deep cleaning and sanititization, according to sources at the hospital.
It is expected to reopen this morning.
The blood bank is the latest healthcare facility to have COVID-19 exposure in recent weeks.
Last month, The Guardian reported that at least three wards at PMH were closed following exposure.
Earlier this month, the Public Hospitals Authority (PHA) confirmed that 23 patients at Sandilands Rehabilitation Centre (SRC) tested positive after a staff member, who was working across three wards, tested positive for COVID-19.
SRC Administrator Mary Walker said 39 employees were interviewed as a result of the incident.
On August 7, Chief Medical Officer Dr. Pearl McMillan said at least 30 healthcare workers tested positive for the virus.
Up to early August, more than 400 healthcare workers had been potentially exposed to COVID-19.