News

Cargo ship worker tests negative for COVID-19

A 33-year-old man who was airlifted to Nassau last week after displaying symptoms of COVID-19 has tested negative for the virus, the Ministry of Health said.

“The patient was suspected of having COVID-19 and tested for the same,” the ministry said in a statement.

“However, the results have returned negative for the virus.”

The man, who works on a cargo ship that services the Caribbean and the Turks and Caicos Islands, was transported to New Providence in a patient isolation unit, according to Jayson Sweeting, the director of operations for Air Ambulance Service, the company used for the transport of the patient.

Sweeting said the emergency flight arrived on New Providence around 5 p.m.

There have been 104 confirmed cases of the virus in The Bahamas so far; 82 on New Providence, 13 on Bimini, eight on Grand Bahama and one on Cat Cay.

The most recent case was confirmed on June 14.

According to the Ministry of Health, there are currently 19 active COVID-19 cases in The Bahamas. Seventy-four people have recovered and 11 died.

Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please support our local news by turning off your adblocker