News

Missing people, who were supposed to be under quarantine, found

Deputy Chief Medical Officer Dr. Delon Brennen told The Nassau Guardian yesterday that all of the people who went missing while they were supposed to be under quarantine have been located.

He noted that thus far, none have been confirmed to be COVID-19-positive, and said the majority “were able to be discharged from quarantine”.

“So, we feel very comfortable that our measures of in-person, going to look for people as opposed to merely calling them on the phone, has reaped some benefits,” he said while appearing as a guest on the Morning Edition of ZNS news.

Dr. Merceline Dahl-Regis, health advisor to the prime minister, said last week that the Ministry of Health was unable to locate 13 to 15 people who were supposed to be quarantined.

She said health officials had their names, but not their phone contacts, and noted that armed forces had to assist with tracking down one of the individuals, who ended up testing positive for COVID-19.

Dahl-Regis also said the Ministry of Health intended to begin using an app to better monitor quarantined individuals.

Brennen confirmed that the app went live on Monday as scheduled, and said that the ministry is working out “some minor challenges” so that more people can begin using it.

“The app is working fine for those that were able to load it,” he said.

“We are having some minor challenges when it comes to people being able to load it onto their smart devices, having data available to them, so those are some challenges that we anticipated.

“And so we are trying to make sure that they have the ability to add more data to their system. So we are connecting with our telecommunications partners to make sure that that happens, making sure that we walk them through the process.

“[A]s you’re piloting these types of projects, these are some of the issues you have to anticipate and hopefully we’ll be able to overcome them as more and more persons are added to the system.”

Up to yesterday there were 100 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the country, with 43 being active and 46 being recovered. There have been 11 deaths and 1977 tests completed.

Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please support our local news by turning off your adblocker