NewsUncategorized

Shooting death remains unclassified

The shooting death of a man last week at Stapledon Gardens remains unclassified, Chief Superintendent Solomon Cash said Wednesday.

Cash, who heads the Central Detective Unit, told The Nassau Guardian that the incident has not been classified as a murder. Since the categorization remains in limbo, the murder count for 2018 remains at 90.

He said police have questioned two people as part of the investigation, but no charges were pending.

The unidentified man was shot near an abandoned building on Hampton Street in Stapledon Gardens on December 21.

Shortly after the fatal shooting, Assistant Commissioner Clayton Fernander, who has overall responsibility for criminal investigations, suggested that the deceased was the aggressor and was shot in self defense.

According to Fernander’s initial report to the media, the deceased accosted a man at gunpoint and was subsequently shot.

 

Show More

Artesia Davis

Artesia primarily covers court stories, but she also writes extensively about crime.

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please support our local news by turning off your adblocker